MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS 60 capsules
THE REAL THING MEDICINAL MUSHROOM CAPSULES
A potent blend of 13 organic mushrooms, for improved immunity and enhanced energy. They’re not magic, but they are medicinal. Which is even better.
GET THE SPECS
What? A combination of 13 medicinal mushroom species, carefully handpicked for their immune-enhancing properties. The prize in the mix is Cordyceps sinensis, known to us as the energy generator.
Why? Medicinal mushrooms are nothing new. They’ve been used for centuries in Eastern medicine to strengthen the immune system and achieve an all-round internal balance. Science is finally beginning to work out why. Well done, guys.
HOW WILL MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS HELP YOU?
Medicinal mushroom supplements have been shown to enhance immune function and help treat the minor symptoms of a range of conditions, including:
- Immune-system dysfunctions
- Respiratory problems
- Inflammatory and autoimmune diseases
- Cardiovascular conditions, like high cholesterol, heart disease, arrhythmias, thrombosis
- Liver and kidney conditions
- Diabetes and blood-sugar imbalances
- Certain cancers
WHAT ARE THE MUSHROOMS IN THE MIX?
- Cordyceps sinensis(Catepillar Mushrooms) – 26%
- Agaricus blazei – 9 %
- Coriolus versicolor – 9 %
- Ganoderma lucidum(Reishi) – 9 %
- Grifola frondosa (Maitake) – 9%
- Lentinula edodes (Shiitake) – 9%
- Auricularia auricula (Woodear) – 4 %
- Cordyceps militaris – 4 %
- Hericium erinaceus (Lion’s mane) - 4 %
- Inonotus obliquus (Chaga) – 4%
- Phellinus linteus (Meshima) – 4%
- Pleurotus eryngii (King oyster) – 4%
- Pleurotus ostreatus (Oyster) – 4%
MOLEHILLS OF MOUNTAINS.
Tibetan sherpas take Cordyceps when climbing Mount Everest. Really. This is because the mushroom helps the body increase energy production and utilise oxygen more efficiently. Imagine what it does for athletes and the elderly!
1. THE MAIN MUSHROOM: CORDYCEPS SINENSIS
What? You can find this mushroom growing at high altitudes in the mountains of China, Tibet and Nepal – or you can simply find it in The Real Thing Medicinal Mushrooms. Whichever is easier.
What else? It was first recorded in 2800 BC in the Pen Tsao, an ancient Chinese directory of medicinal plants. It’s been used to boost energy, immunity and stamina and these days it’s a supplement of choice for many world-class athletes.
AN INTERESTING STORY
:At the 1993 World Outdoor Track and Field Championships, a team of Chinese runners outran the competition ... and broke nine international records. Their secret? According to the coach it was a potent Cordyceps sinensis tonic. We have a winner!
WHAT’S IN CORDYCEPS SINENSIS?
- VitaminsB1, B2, B12, E, and K
- Various minerals, including magnesium, iron, zinc, selenium and calcium
- Protein and essential amino acids
- A range of sugars and polysaccharides
HOW DOES CORDYCEPS HELP YOU?
- MORE IMMUNITY. Immune function goes up and inflammation goes down. Cordyceps helps to fight fatigue and immune-compromised states
- AND EVEN MORE. It’s been used clinically to help manage...
- Respiratory, renal and liver disease
- Diabetes and insulin resistance – A 2002 study in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine found that Cordyceps helps lower blood glucose levels and increase insulin sensitivity. Great for diabetics and people with insulin resistance.
-High cholesterol – a documented cholesterol lowering food, it helps increase good HDL cholesterol, decrease bad LDL cholesterol and is a superb addition when used with cholesterol lowering meds.
- Cancer – a 1999 study in the Japanese Journal of Pharmacology showed that Cordyceps is anti-carcinogenic and anti-metastatic. It’s also widely used to boost and protect the body during destructive chemotherapy and radiation.
- More energy – increase energy, enhance stamina and reduce fatigue
2. THE OTHER MUSHROOMS IN THE MIX
At 26% of the total mix, Cordyceps is clearly the star of the show. But there is a strong backup act of twelve medicinal fungi i.e. five at 9% each and seven at 4% each.
|THE MUSHROOM||WHAT’S SPECIAL ABOUT IT?|
|Agaricus blazei 9%||
|Coriolus versicolor 9%||
FACT: University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Centre reports that cancer patients who get PSK along with their surgery, chemo or radiation have longer disease-free periods and survival rates than those who don’t.
|Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) 9%||
|Grifola frondosa (Maitake) 9%||
|Lentinula edodes (Shiitake) 9%||
WHAT MAKES MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS THE REAL THING?
What we put in it. Only the purest and most potent powdered medicinal mushrooms.
What we don’t put in it. No gluten, binders, fillers, brown rice, maltodextrin, colorants, flavourants, preservatives or additives.
How the mushrooms are grown and made. Our mushrooms are 100% organic and full-spectrum, meaning the entire mushroom is used – both the fruit body (the part above ground) and the mycelium (an underground mass of filaments). The Real Thing Medicinal Mushrooms is a complete food.
CAUTIONARY TALES (SIDE EFFECTS)
Gastro-intestinal disturbances such as nausea diarrhea, constipation and abdominal discomfort may occur. Side effects may be reduced by taking after meals.
HOW DO YOU TAKE IT?
Take 2 capsules daily. Best taken with a starchy meal. Avoid taking with fruit, which speeds up gut transit time and reduces absorption.
PRESENTATION OF MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS
Medicinal Mushroom capsules are packed in amber round glass bottles with a black screw cap, sealed with a shrink sleeve. Medicinal Mushroom comes in containers of 60 capsules.
IDENTIFICATION OF MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS
Medicinal Mushroom is a clear, oval capsule containing a light brown powder.
STORAGE & DISPOSAL
Store in a cool, dry place, below 25°C, out of direct sunlight. Don't use after the expiry date on the container. It's a good idea to return any unused or expired capsules to your pharmacist for proper disposal.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
References available on request
The Real Thing Medicinal Mushroom Capsules – SAHPRA Registry Number is 016870.